- Ensure the school’s vision, mission and core values are implemented.
- Ensure the implementation of the school’s stated curriculum and related assessment in all phases.
- Oversee and ensure the School’s commitment to quality of education and its continued improvement, with the main focus on students’ outcome.
- Liaising with several departments and escalating any issues or suggestions to the principal.
- Assisting in the development and review of budgets, school policies, and rules and regulations.
- Establish curriculum guidelines in collaboration with other administrators and instructors in the school district, and ensure that guidelines are adhered to.
- Lead professional development programs for staff and encourage instructors to attend regional conferences to maintain the best academic programs.
- Ensure that the school is compliant as per the MOE directives, and Cognia Standards.
- Recruit and select qualified staff, according to the school standard.
- Attending and participating in meetings with staff, parents, and other officials.
- Assisting with recruitment, training, and onboarding of all new staff.
- Planning and organizing school events and field trips as well as assisting with various committees.
- Establishing rapport and maintaining relationships with parents, staff, and students.
- Sitting in on disciplinary hearings and providing advice for at-risk students.
- Addressing concerns raised by students, staff, and parents.
Preferred Job Specifications
- Educated at Master Level related preferably in the field of Education Management
- At least 3 years of experience in school administration at Vice Principal level or similar
- Good practical and personal knowledge of US Curriculum education system, US Common State Standards and their implementation.
- Extensive awareness of diagnostic assessments and progress evaluation tests
- Have undergone an accreditation process and aware of the process and expectations
- Strong leadership skills with knowledge on latest trends and innovations in curriculum, teaching pedagogies, best in-classroom practices and school leadership
- Understanding of the importance of culture and ethos of a school in securing high standards, and of strategies for improving them.
Academic (Teaching & Learning)
- Conduct continuous improvement activities in line with the defined curriculum
- Effectively integrate technology during the delivery of the lessons
- Develop and produce visual aids and teaching resources
- Encourage students’ creative development through stories, songs, games, drawing and imaginative play
- Maintain and schedule daily, weekly and monthly activities
- Observe, assess and record students’ progress and attainment and give constructive feedback
- Enhance the students’ attainment in internal and external exams (MAP, CAT4, TIMSS, PISA, PIRLS) of all grades supervised
- Advise and cooperate with the Head of Department, Academic Coordinator and Principal and other teachers in the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programs, methods of teaching and lesson planning and assessment
- Register and monitor the attendance of students under the School’s system.
- For effective curriculum implementation, participate and collaborate with the curriculum development team
- Develop and review the grade book to be aligned with the curriculum standards, instruction and assessment practices
- Nurture a culture where teachers view themselves essentially as facilitators of learning and reflective practitioners
- Motivate and stimulate students learning abilities
- Provide support to students’ learning environment
- Help develop the students’ basic skills, including speech and communication
- Assist with the development of student’s personal, social, and language abilities
- Ensure to uphold school safety regulations in the classrooms and its underlined guidelines
- Set an ideal example in terms of conduct, dressing, punctuality, and attendance.
Management and Development
- Attend and participate in ongoing education development opportunities
- Respond to all call requests and emails during the working hours
- Ensure that school policies and procedures are understood and implemented
- Cooperate with other/parallel teachers for effective integration to enhance consistency of practices across the classes.
- Ensure effective communication/consultation as appropriate with the parents
- Upload marks on I-Campus platform on time with a backup sheet available for each class
- Participate and collaborate with the accreditation team to collect and provide the required learning evidence and self-assessment reports
- Respond to all developments in the subject area, teaching practice, and methodology.
- Respond and follow through on parents’ and students’ complaints to solve the raised concerns effectively
- Attend all assigned school meetings.
- Work with the lead teacher to monitor the class.
- Assist teachers with lesson preparation by getting materials ready and setting up equipment or class material.
- Revise lesson material with students individually or in small groups to enhance the learning process.
- Ensure the classroom environment in safe and clean.
- Oversee students during non-classroom times including in-between classes, during break time, and on field excursions.
- Collaborate with lead teachers to recognize issues students are facing and recommend solutions.
- Document students’ progress and communicate with parents to keep them informed of their child/children class standing.
- Assist lead teachers to create lesson plans
- Comply with MOE, CAS, and class rules and regulations
- Prepare classroom equipment and instructional materials for lessons.
- Perform recordkeeping duties associated with the classroom including attendance and grade calculation.
- Instruct students in proper classroom procedures and behavior.
- Collaborate with teachers and parents on a regular basis regarding student progress.
- Adapt instructional materials as necessary to meet special education guidelines.
- Attend all training classes, parents’ conferences, and faculty meetings
- Perform any other tasks as directed by the Homeroom Teacher
- Perform clerical duties and other related task as and when needed